This week I test drove the 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid XSE. What was most impressive was the overall performance of this hybrid, which was quite surprising. The very adaptive interior can be easily customized to suit the preferences of the driver and passengers.
New innovative technology integrated into this vehicle makes driving a dream and makes you feel very comfortable behind the wheel.
The exterior of the 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid XSE is quite impressive, with the bullet-style front end that stands out.
- The Supra design cues in the side profile give it a minimalistic overall look to make it display nicely
- Unique front and rear fascia designs
- The lines show off much better in bright colors
- Black accents with the LED headlamps give it a sleek look
- 20 Inch alloy wheels give it plenty of clearance
- The AWD version has 18-inch wheels to improve fuel consumption
- The XSE also has black rear bumper mesh, black side mirror covers and black Rocker covers, and a black antenna
- At the front, you have a gloss black mesh grille that looks quite aggressive
- A pair of additional air entails flank the grill to give the front bumper a unique shape
- Much stiffer coils are added to the suspension and increased dampening
- Thicker stabilizer bars are also added at the front and rear
The interior of the 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid XSE is quite spacious, with a lot of leg space on every seat. You notice the extra storage for all your bags and devices to be placed and not end up on the floor.
The seats on my test version were a dark gray color on the seating and a lighter shade for the backrest. The seats are made from SofTex synthetic materials.
- A high mounted bridge console is wide and easy to use and runs from the center of the dash
- The large storage bin between the front seats provides storage for even a larger bag and lots of extra storage at all seats
- With up to four cup holders in the front, there is space for even the kid’s drinks
- The FWD version comes with a seating arrangement of up to 9 people
- The seats are quite comfortable with a lot of back support on all seats with 4-way lumbar support on the driver seat
- The middle row seats come with a long slide option to create space at the back
- It also provides larger access space to the row of seats at the back
- Dropdown technology screen visible from all back seats
- Adjustable seat belts so they can be customized for different lengths of people
- The second-row seats have a reclining capability and leg rest for increased comfort
- Controls to adjust the seats are easily reachable and not difficult to use
- Armrests can be moved out of the way if you do not want to use them
- The mini cooler in the center console is not big, but it will hold a few drinks
- You also have a lot of USB charging points for devices and some USB connections as well
The 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid XSE comes standard with a 2.5 4 cylinder engine supported by a 1.9-kilowatt power pack. This combination gives you around 35 miles to the gallon fuel economy, which is quite good.
You can choose a front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, and it comes standard with a continuously variable automatic gearbox.
You can choose between a front-wheel-drive version or an all-wheel-drive version with great extras, which include:
- Adaptive cruise control with start and stop technology
The 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid XSE comes standard with the Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, a safety system that comes with everything. This includes the following:
- Head-up display
- Lane Change departure
- Cross-traffic alert
- Blindspot detection
- Lane centering
- High visibility from the driver’s seat, which includes a long front windshield
- Low side windows for comfort and better visibility
- Large side-view mirrors
- Decent backward visibility even with the back seat headrests up
- A backup camera that is a bit outdated with no 4k resolution
The 2021 Toyota Sienna Hybrid XSE has a nicely designed exterior with a spacious interior with lots of technology added for your convenience. The starting MSRP is just over $35,500.