This week, I test drove the all-around 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige and found it to be a true luxury vehicle. With the slick silhouette exterior design and overall well-balanced performance, there is a lot to like about the Genesis G80.
After a few days of driving the G80, you will be very satisfied with it over the board in safety and comfort. You will fall in love with how it handles everything the road has to throw at it and more.
The overall design of the exterior of the 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige makes it display very good in bright and darker colors. The G80 has more sharp lines with a long hooded windscreen to add to the overall elegance of the vehicle.
- LED quad headlights are included with the G80. The lateral tandem headlights will catch the eye
- An oversized diamond-shaped lattice grill improves the overall aesthetics
- The bottom grille and air intake provide an extended look at the face of the G80
- New simulated vents are added for practical and aesthetic purposes
- Passive keyless entry for both front doors
- It comes standard with 18 x 8-inch alloy wheels fitted with all-season tires
- At the back, you find LED taillights that fold around the corners, which increase the display quality
- A hands-free power closing for the trunk adds to the overall convenience of the G80
- The dual exhaust coming out on both sides gives the vehicle an aggressive look
- The rear quarters and fenders are a little bit flatter with a more sporty look
- A beautiful Genesis badge fills the space the backlights on the trunk lid
- The number plate has been moved to the lower part between the two exhaust tips
The 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige interior is quite roomy, with all doors opening wide for easy access. The seats of our test model came with all-black perforated leather upholstery that fits in nicely with the white exterior.
- Upon entry, you find the power control buttons of the door lock, windows, and mirrors right inside the door
- Both front seats are powered with power lumbar support added, and the controls can be found on the door interior
- A premium sound system provides top-quality sound output for a better driver experience
- You will find a lot of feet and headroom with both front seats with easy entry from outside
- In the back seats, you have a lot of room for the feet and head while the seats are all firm with a lot of support
- All seats are quite wide with a lot of seating space for better comfort
- The wide and large windows provide clear viewing capability from all positions inside the cabin
- On the center console, you have easy access to the automatic climate control of the cabin
- Cup holders at the front and back add to the overall convenience of the interior
- In the middle of the back seats, you also have the controls for the 3-stage heated seats and the back window blind
The 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige comes with a turbocharged inline-4 gas engine with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. It has a high 300HP power output and 311 lb-ft torque to make it quite a powerful engine.
With a fuel economy of a combined 26MPG, it is quite economical.
The 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige comes in two trim levels with the option of a rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. To add the all-wheel-drive option, you will pay just over $2,200 extra on the Prestige.
The 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige comes with just about every safety feature added to the vehicle.
- Back-Up Camera
- Cross-Traffic Alert
- Rear Parking Aid
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assistance
- ABS Braking system
- Night Vision
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Brake Assist
- Stability Control
- Traction Control
The 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige we drove is a beautiful altar white and comes standard with great features for a better driving experience. The 2021 Genesis G80 2.5T Prestige MSRP starts at $49,000.